0

Rep. Cori Bush (D-MO)’s campaign has spent over $130,000 for personal security services for the congresswoman, despite Bush’s longtime support of efforts to defund the police.

Media reports of the spending surfaced again on Friday with the release of campaign spending numbers from the Federal Election Commission.

In a video from August when Bush was asked about security spending in an interview with CBS, she claimed her safety is separate from people’s claim that police keep the general public safe.

“Some critics say that move is hypocritical. What’s your response to those critics?” CBS asked.

They would rather I die? You would rather me die? Is that what you want to see? You want to see me die? You know, because that could be the alternative. So either I spent $70,000 on private security over the last few months, and I’m here standing now and able to speak, able to help save 11 million people from being evicted. Or – I could possibly have a death attempt on my life.

Moreover, the protection is needed because the threats are coming from white supremacists, Bush claimed:

I have private security because my body is worth being on this planet right now.  I have private security because they, the white supremacist racist narrative that they drive into this country. The fact that they don’t care that this black woman that has put her life on the line.



source https://www.infowars.com/posts/report-cori-bush-defends-defund-police-push-while-spending-130000-on-personal-security-including-cops

Post a Comment

 
Top